Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Day Indoors

Brrr! It's freezing outside!! Our walk in the park was (mercifully) short this morning. Saga wanted nothing of it. We went outside, she sniffed here, peed there, and made a bee-line back for the house. Her shift in direction was so fierce and sudden that she nearly over-turned me with the force of the yank on the lead!

That's okay, though. That means I have plenty of time to spend working on projects indoors. (Not that I actually will... I may sit down with a nice hot pot of coffee and watch movies all day - but then, it is a good day for that as well!)

The weather outside this morning at 05:30 (Yes, I'm up at this insane hour even on weekends!) was 02° (Fahrenheit) and the weather man said in the newscast that it was only the "Current low" for the day. They are expecting it to be about this temperature all day long and then the temps are supposed to drop as an arctic front moves through some time this evening.

Meanwhile, there is a blanket four inches deep of snow on my deck and walkways (that's new snow... it reached nearly to 60° yesterday!) and it is still coming down pretty steadily out there so who knows what the total will be! Yes, as I said. It is a good day to stay inside, all snug and warm. You know what! I do believe it is soup weather! I think it is time for me to put on the cauldron!

(Well, okay, I don't literally have a cauldron... if I did, I haven't a hearth over which to cook in it anyway! But a guy can wish!)

Wherever you are today, I wish you a lovely day; stay snug and warm and enjoy the comforts of home!

Don Bergquist - December 14, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: