Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Brr... Cold!

At least it's not wet here!

I don't remember a time when I was in London that it was this cold but there were certainly mornings that felt this cold. I suppose that had more to do with the fact that I spent all my commuting time on a bike.

The thermometer on the deck tells me that as Saga and I left for our morning explorations it was 19 degrees. Brrrr! But (in a direct analogy to the statements they make all summer in Phoenix) but it is a DRY cold! In the UK, when it was cold it was usually about 90% humidity and the cold cut right through the layers; finding the chinks in your armor as it were. Add that to getting moving on the bike at 15-20 miles per hour and you have a recipe for a blue nose!

Here you put on a pair of gloves and a hat and you're all snug and warm. Tomorrow is supposed to be even colder... perhaps with snow. They are saying the temps this time tomorrow are supposed to be in the low teens. But that would be out at the airport which tends (on cold days, that is) to be a bit warmer than it is up here in the piedmont. At least we didn't get the snow that was predicted for this morning... Saga didn't fight the walk and the rush hour should be relatively uneventful.

...and speaking of rush hour, I suppose I should get out and do it to it...

Wherever you are today, I hope that you have a wonderful day!

Don Bergquist - December 03, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: