Saturday, April 08, 2006

More Signs of Spring

What a glorious morning here in the United Kingdom! I left early this morning for a ride in the park and it was so wonderful this morning that I decided to take the long route.

Riding through the bike paths in Bushy Park I noticed yet another sign that spring is returning to this magic kingdom, the willows are starting to leaf. This skyscape is in the eastern end of the park near the Richmond upon Thames gate looking toward the west.

The temperatures were just perfect and I really enjoyed my morning but it is getting on and I have things to do. I have some friends coming over for dinner tonight. (I've been soaking black-eyed peas for two days, changing the water every twelve hours (that's the best way to make them gas-free) and have to get them into the crock pot so that by tonight they will be Hoppin' John. Before the day gets too old (and it starts raining) I really need to mow the lawn! And then there is the last minute marketing to do.

I have a full agenda so as Willy Wonka said in the Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory: "So much time, so little to do... Er, no! Strike that; reverse it!"

I hope today you will have the time to do everything you want to do!

Don Bergquist - 08-April-2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom.

No comments: