Thursday, April 06, 2006

More Pictures from the Wilderness

Last Week I mentioned that the ornamental cherry trees were in bloom and that I would try and get out to take some pictures before the blooms are all gone. This past weekend, I got my chance. This one (the one behind the bright yellow bush) is out in front of Hampton Court Palace along the A308.

On my normal Saturday morning Ride through the area, I had my cameras along and stopped to take a walk along the road where the cherry trees were all in bloom. Unfortunately, the overcast gave me very little contrast between the white of the clouds and the pink of the blossoms. Never to fear, the trees are still in bloom, I'll try and get better pictures this weekend.

In addition to the pictures of the trees, I tried to get some artistic pictures of the blossoms themselves. This one, is a close-up of a blossom covered branch taken with my lens in the Macro setting and the aperture opened wide to narrow the depth-of-field. I like the way the background is all fuzzy so that there is little differentiation between the blossoms and the clouds in the background of the picture.

At this time of year this time of year, The Wilderness is awash in yellow and white as the daffodils take center stage. I love the way that the colors change from green to white, to purple to yellow as the different bulbs take over from each other.

The daffodils this year are spectacular. Walking (or biking) along the paths, there are drifts of yellow, white, and orange as far as the eye can see. This is what I would love to do to the yard back at the condo. I wonder if I could convince the board to let me do it! It would call for (to do it right) doing it the way they do here. Digging-up large sections of the lawn, bedding down the bulbs and properly fertilizing and protecting them; and then relaying the sod.

I bet I can't convince them that this is a good idea.

I hope wherever you are today you have no problem having and disseminating great ideas!

Don Bergquist - 06-April-2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom

No comments: