Saturday, April 22, 2006

Jet Lag Cure

The bad think about bouncing back and forth between London and Denver is the jet lag! It's not so bad when headed to London... It is a bit hard getting into the habit of getting up early (as I do here in Colorado) once I am there, but that quickly passes. It is much more difficult to get back onto the Mountain Time Zone (GMT-7) when I fly home!

I have, finally, found a way to get over jet lag. The following is a sure-fire absolute jet lag buster! Here's all you have to do:

1) Have your dog refuse to let you sleep for more than a few hours at a time.

2) A couple days after returning to your home time zone, take a long road trip cross-country.

3) Make sure your destination is somewhere idyllic and peaceful where you can spend some time recharging your batteries!

For me, that means a visit to my parents' place in Minnesota. We took a walk today between the lakes and played some cards. Other than that, we have spent the day pleasantly doing not much! Saga has spent much of the day at my side; she refuses to let me get too far away. When he is not at my side, she is sleeping on my bed, only popping out to check that I am still here periodically.

Tonight, we are headed down to visit an aunt and uncle in St. Cloud to have dinner. My baby brother and his family will be there too. What a peaceful, relaxing day!

I hope that wherever you are today, you're having a very relaxing day!

Don Bergquist - 22nd April 2006 - Kensington, Minnesota

No comments: