Friday, April 21, 2006

Heading East

One of the advantages I have discovered about having a bit of jet lag is that I can get up and out of the house a lot earlier than I normally would. This morning, for instance, I have already had my first (and second) cups of coffee at home, finished schlepping all the stuff to the car, gotten Saga situated in her kennel, and stopped by the office to pick-up some things that I know I am going to want to have with me over the next few days.

I know, it sounds a busy morning, but that was hours ago. Since that time, I have bought and consumed my breakfast, and, oh yes! Did I mention I have driven about three-hundred miles already?

Now I am sitting on a picnic table in a rest area in Nebraska. I have my new PDA out and am writing my blog entry while watching Saga nose around the long grass. Off to my left, the highway noise is becoming more frequent. Ahead of me the sunrise is dying off.

Well, I have about five hundred miles left to drive today so I guess I need to get the dog back in the car and get back on the road. It is a nice day for driving, and I hope to make good time all the way into Minnesota.

I hope that wherever you are, the road ahead of you is clear and the skies are bright.

Don Bergquist - 21st April 2006 - Somewhere along I-80 in southern Nebraska

No comments: