Thursday, December 09, 2010

More Busy Times

It has been a busy week and I have been kept hopping!

My parents had a number of doctor's appointments whilst I was up here in Minnesota, and I have gotten the opportunity to spend some time visiting cousins, aunts, uncles, and assorted relatives. In-between, there have been the obligatory games of whist and cribbage.

It is hard to believe that it is Thursday morning already! Where has the time gone!?

My dad has one more appointment at the hospital for an endoscopy of the esophagus and stomach cancers. Just to see how the treatments are going. After that, I believe the plan is to return here, take it easy, and play some more cards. There is an Alberta Clipper that has been predicted to be coming through here today and dumping a bit of snow and/or freezing drizzle on us, but looking at the lovely, deep blue of the sky above the blaze orange sun as it peeps through the woods to the east of the house, I cannot believe the predictions are correct.

I think today is going to be a lovely day, for my last day of spent with my parents this trip. Tomorrow morning I have to make my way back down to The Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul) to catch my flight home.

Wherever you are today, I hope that your day is dawning with a promise of being a lovely day!

Don Bergquist - December 09, 2010 - Kensington, Minnesota, USA

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photo! I'm glad you made it back safely.
Cathy W

Unknown said...

Thanks, Cathy!

Yes, it was a lovely morning and I looked out to see the sun rising through the woods and just had to shoot it.

Thanks for the comment. My timing was good, apparently. I see in the news that the predictions of this being the biggest storm in years have come true.

Don

Kim Patron said...

Hi! This is such a gorgeous picture & it was so perfect for 1 of my blog posts! I used it with credit...I hope that's ok! It's here:
http://soulestialservices.com/2011/12/holiday-greetings/
Thank you!! :)

Unknown said...

Kim,

Thanks for the compliment! Yes, you may feel free to use any of the photos you see for non-commercial use provided you give photo credit for its use.

Happy New Year!

Don