Friday, December 31, 2010

-1° On New Year's Eve!

The thermometer as Saga and I went out for our walk at 05:00 read -1°. (That would be -18.3333 for those of you who use the Celsius scale!) Yesterday it seemed that they might have been wrong about the storm. Perhaps yet another storm might miss us. Then the temperatures started falling and so did the snow! By the time I got home at lunchtime I had 3" in my snow gauge. By sundown there was a good 6" in there!


Th is morning it is still snowing and it is cold! Heck, it's -1° degrees outside! Brrr! It is still windy, but not nearly as bad as it was earlier in the storm. I guess it is no wonder that Saga wanted to get out, get done and get back inside!

They are not expecting the temperatures to get above 10° (-12.2222 Celsius) today. As the storm winds down Lakewood is on accident alert because the roads are icy and treacherous. I have my work laptop here at home and will be telecommuting today!

Heck, even Saga has decided to snuggle up into a blanket for her morning nap on the couch! 2010 is going to close cold and messy.

Wherever you are today, I hope that you're staying safe and warm on this last day of 2010!

Don Bergquist - December 31, 2010 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: