Sunday, December 05, 2010

Birthday Luncheon At St. Anna's

It is a family tradition to get together to celebrate birthdays in one big gathering. So today we had the birthday luncheon for the December group. My step-mom and a bunch of cousins all have birthdays today.

IT was great seeing all the cousins and my aunts and uncles this afternoon. I do not get to see the family often enough and it is a shame. But it is not worth moving to Minnesota for. (Sorry, gang!)

It has snowed most of the day, but the temperatures have been kept low (low teens) and the winds have kept up, so the snows have been basically just a blowing flurry all day. There has been no additional accumulation.


Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. My nephew leaves for Florida, then I have to get right back here to the house to take my folks into town. I think (at last count) there are three trips for different purposes at different times tomorrow.

Then it will be time to relax with a toddy, a good blanket, and a bit of time spent gazing out at the snow falling in the woods behind the house.

Wherever you are today, I hope that your day has been a pleasant one spent in the company of Friends and Family.

Don Bergquist - December 05, 2010 - Kensington, Minnesota, USA

No comments: