Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Reall!? Can't You Do that Silently!?

The guy across the table is going to drive me nuts! (I know that many of you are thinking "short trip..." but I have two choice words for you guys. In the interest of maintaining my family friendly rating, let me just say that they aren't "happy birthday.")

It is Tuesday morning and I am in the public library (yes, Comcast is still unable to get my internet service restored!) working on my job search and the guy across the counter is reading.

At least I think he is reading. Perhaps he is trying to strike-up a conversation... but if that is the case, he shouldn't mumble so. And what he is saying makes no sense. Perhaps he is talking to the book. "Oh, there it is..." he says.

He has been mumbling at the same page of that book now for the past half-hour. I have to leave!

Still, I guess it is better than the two teenagers who are taking in voices way too loud for a library on the other side of the stack that I am sitting next to. I can hear every word of their conversation and it is really inappropriate for a public library!

I cannot wait to be able to this in the privacy of my own office again! That way the only annoyance I may have can be averted by just closing the door. That will keep Saga from interrupting me every thirty minutes!

Wherever you are today, I wish you an annoyance-free day to accomplish whatever needs to be done!

Don Bergquist - July 06, 2010 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: