Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Lovely Morning

The morning is cool and calm. There are just enough clouds to the east to make the sunrise interesting, and walking with Saga as the last wisps of the morning's dew settled was fun.

There are only a few things on my calendar for the day; I have to run a couple errands, finish doing the laundry, and head off to the dermatologist. Other than that, I think Saga and I may take a hike this afternoon. Yesterday's hike was preempted due to rain.

Poor thing, we got to the park and set out along one of the trails. We were perhaps a half-a-mile from the car when it started raining. Saga cast one look at me as if challenging me to keep going and then turned around and headed at a trot back to the car.

Luckily, we made if back before the heavens opened and it really started pouring. We must have been just on the south side of the big hailstorm that hit Nederland. There were a few sleety raindrops that hit the windshield as we drove home, but nothing that could do any damage.

Oh well, perhaps today will be better.

Wherever you are, I hope you have a great day!

Don Bergquist – July 29, 2010 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: