Saturday, July 17, 2010

How Hot Is It?

The weathercaster this morning said that the temperatures are supposed to top 100° some time this afternoon. And I have lots to do today.

When Saga and I went out for our morning walk, it was already seventy-five degrees at six forty-five! This cannot be a good sign. And it is fairly humid this morning as we had a bit of rain late last night. The park had streamers of evaporating rain rising out of the buffalo grass.

I have a pretty full day planned. I am popping over to Aurora to get my car washed and make a small donation to Boy Scout Troop 101 – they had their troop trailer and all their camping equipment stolen last week and, being an Eagle Scout myself, I really want to help them out a little if I can.

Then I have a few errands to run. I am hoping to get the grocery shopping done, pick-up my cleaning, stop by the library, and try to get back home so I can take a dip in the pool before the heat of the day.

Of course, if I don't start, there is now way that I will be finished in time so – until later…

Wherever you are today, I hope that you can stay cool!

Don Bergquist – July 17, 2010 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: