Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day Off

It was a success – well, almost.

I made it down to the car wash and was pleasantly surprised to see that there were two lines of cars five long when I arrived. More kept coming after me too so I knew that the car wash would be a success. The guy in the SUV ahead of me showed-up with a tent and a camp stove.

No matter what wankers there are in the world, it is refreshing to know that there are good people as well. One of the scouts sent me a comment (see the Friday posting comments) following-up on the car wash which was a big success.

My errands were finished, but not by the heat of the day. I actually postponed the last of the errands until after sunset. It was just too hot in the car when I returned from whatever store I was at… and then the drive was not long enough to let the car cool before I turned it off at the next stop.

Today, I think I am going to hide from the heat by staying inside as much as I can… perhaps I will do some house cleaning. Maybe get out the carpet shampooer. Perhaps not.

Wherever you are today, I hope you’re having a great weekend.

Don Bergquist – July 18, 2010 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: