Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year's Eve

Greetings on New Year's Eve 2005!

This evening will be spend with friends at The Kings Arms. There will be pints of ale, conversation with friends, and fun for all. At midnight there will be Champaign toasts, confetti cannons and wishes for a good year. I am psyched!

My coworkers from the states are to arrive this afternoon, there is a pot of stew going and I have nothing planned for today other than doing some laundry, reading, and chilling-out in preparation for tonight's festivities.

2005 has been a great year. I have spent time here in the UK, I still have a job that I love, and I have built and maintained a wide circle of varied friends. When it comes right down to it, I could ask for more, but I don't really want for anything. In the words of the old Joe Walsh song:

Lucky I'm sane after all I've been through
(Everybody sing) I'm cool (He's cool)
I can't complain but sometimes I still do
Life's been good to me so far!

I hope you can't complain on this, the last day of 2005 wherever it finds you.

Don Bergquist - 31-December-2005 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom

No comments: