Saturday, December 10, 2005

Shoot the Moon

This week, I wanted to wish my step mom, Florence a Happy Birthday. Hope you enjoy your special day, Flo! I hope that you and Dad make the most of it. Go, do something nice for yourself.

This afternoon, I took my new camera out to test-out the telephoto lens. I am going to have to use my tripod more. I can tell now that I need to use my tripod more.

This picture was taken using my 300 mm zoom lens. The problem is that with the camera set to automatic, it sets the aperture at its widest point so that it can take the shortest exposure possible. Big aperture, narrow field of focus. Hence, all the attached pictures have either the moon or the branches in focus. In order to get them both in focus I will need to wind down the aperture to its smallest setting and compensate with a longer shot. This will not be possible with the camera hand held.

I hope your world today is clear and in focus for you!

Don Bergquist - 10-December-2005 - Lakewood, Colorado

1 comment:

Hyperspider said...

Yes, I would agree with your observation regarding appature. Nice shot none the less.
-mm