Thursday, December 29, 2005

Winter Wonderland

Perhaps it is just that I was not here this late in the year last year, perhaps it is that they are going all-out this year... I do not know. But I do not remember Hampton Court Palace being this decked out last year.

I remember them having the Ice Rink and I remember them lighting the facade, but I do not remember it being this dazzling last year.

My friends Dave and Dave (both of whom work at the palace) told me that it was this lit-up last year. There is a carousel this year, that is new, but the rest, they say was there last year.

Whatever the difference is, it is lovely and walking past it last night to get to the Kings Arms, I could not help but notice how lovely it looked as I walked across the Thames River bridge. I had to take this picture to share with everyone.

I hope that your holiday season, wherever you are and whatever season you celebrate, continues to be joyous and bright!

Don Bergquist - 29-December-2005 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom

No comments: