Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Surreality Check

Roll-Out The Barrel!? Yes, that is definitely the tune! It took me a bit of a moment for me to identify it because it is just a bit out of tune. But it is definitely The Beer Barrel Polka and it is definitely being whistled by that cleaner on the third floor.


He is - strangely - pushing a vacuum cleaner around the floor as he whistles his rendition.

Roll-Out The Barrel
We'll have a barrel of fun

Strange thing is, I can here his whistling - but not the vacuum.

Roll-Out The Barrel
We'll have the blues on the run

Damn! Now I have that tune stuck in my head! 

Zing, zoom tarrarrel
Ring-out a song of good cheer

I hope my day will be as happy as I stop to pick-up my computer and head down to the lobby to meet my colleagues for our trip to the client.

Now it's time to roll the barrel
For the gang's all here!

He is still whistling the old and familiar polka as I head out the elevator and leave the building a few moments later.

Wherever you are today, I wish you as happy a day!

Don Bergquist - August 20, 2014 - Piscataway, New Jersey, USA

No comments: