Monday, August 18, 2014

A VERY Pleasant Weekend!

This weekend my hikes were all accomplished around the rest of my plans. The weekend plans called for a nice trip up to the mountains and a pleasant weekend with friends. I have to say that it delivered - in spades! The weekend included a couple hikes in the mountains and a rafting trip on the Colorado River.


We left the city early in the early morning hours and headed up Clear Creek Canyon, and then headed up US 6 to I-70. The plan was to stop at Hanging Lake for a hike, but the Hanging Lake trail-head was so crowded, there was no way that we could get parked. So instead, we stopped at the Grizzly Creek Trail Head.

It was almost perfect conditions! The sun was out, the skies were blue. The only way it could have been better would be if the temperatures were only a few degrees cooler.

Though, even the warm temperatures were not THAT bad! We took about a two mile hike up the trail along Grizzly Creek and then headed back to the car.

The rest of the weekend was equally pleasant! But the one thing that I have decided is that I definitely need to get myself a nice waterproof camera before I next go rafting!

The raft trip was excellent, but I have no pictures - I was not about to take one of my cameras onto the raft and as everything I took was soaked at the end - that turned-out to be a good choice.

The weekend is over, I am sore, sun-burnt, and exceedingly happy!

I hope that your weekend was as pleasant!

Don Bergquist - August 18, 2014 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: