Friday, August 22, 2014

Sureality Check

It must be something about New Jersey; that is the only thing that comes to mind. In no other place to I so consistently have odd occurrences in the hotels I stay in... often.

I checked-in Tuesday afternoon and it seemed normal eough. Then there was the whistling cleaner, followed by the boistrous elevator guy yesterday morning. This morning, it was the pill.

Okay, here's the story: The cleaning in this place has been... let's just call it "spotty." The first day, they cleaned the outer room and not the inner. (I am at an Embassy Suites and have a separate bedroom and living room area.) It is not as if they didn't know it was there - or that it was closed, the cleaner picked-up a pillow from the bed and placed it dead center of the bed. Oh, and in what should be a sin for a hotel staffmember: They left me coffee but no way to drink it!

Yesterday, they made the bed, bed, but all of the lampshades were canted to one side. It is as if they wanted to look at tehh top of the shades and then forgot to put then back.

And then this morning I found a pill that Ihad thrown away placed inside the microwave. (My Naproxin Sodium bottle came open and one of the pills was covered in gunk from the bottom of the toiletries bag. I tossed it, it was in the microwave this morning.)

This reinds me of the LAST time I was in New Jersey a few (oaky - about 25) ago. I was, at the time, still a smoker and the maid at the Hilton in Secacus (where I stayed back then) played a daily game of "Hide The Ashtray."

Or perhaps my colleagues are correct and this is all in my mind. Perhaps this blog is all in my mind; perhaps YOU are all in my mind. In that case...

Wherever you are today, I hope that you will enjoy wherever it is my mind has put you! ;-)

Don Bergquist - August 22, 2014 - Piscataway, New Jersey, USA

No comments: