Monday, August 11, 2014

I had company on my hike this morning. 


It was such a lovely morning in Red Rocks Park. Apparently, I was not the only one with the thought of getting out and enjoying the morning.

These Mule Deer had a nice, leisurely breakfast as I was making my way along the trail. THIS is why I always take a camera with me as I hike.

It is, however, at times like this that I appreciate my dad's admonishments as I was a kid - "Be quiet and watch for the wildlife."

It was staggering, the number of people who went chatting along the trail totally oblivious to the wildlife around them. Perhaps it is just me... But this is one of the best things about living in Colorado.

Wherever you are, I hope your morning has been as pleasant.

Don Bergquist - August 11, 2014 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: