Thursday, August 21, 2014

Surreality Check

"Oooooh Man!" The big, booming voice exclaimed as I stepped into the elevator and the doors stood closed behind me. "You look like you own the company!"


It is 06:00 and I am headed down to the restaurant in the lobby for coffee and the voice is coming from a man in a pair of trainers. He is in running clothes and takes his ear buds out as he continues his assessment.

"You look like you are a CEO or something."

I look down at myself to see what I have done that is different from any other other day. "No, Business Analyst" I mumble back. "But, Thanks."

He continued his loud and vocal assessment of my attire and carriage the rest of the way to the ground floor. His voice, way too loud in the confined space, is quite impressive. "Man, you stepped out of GQ this morning."

I am sure he is somehow being facetious.

"Have a nice day." I say as I step off the elevator at the ground floor. I really need coffee!

"And you, my man! And you!" He booms as he heads out for his run.

Wherever you are today, I hope that someone pays you a compliment!

Don Bergquist - August 21, 2014 - Piscataway, New Jersey, USA

No comments: