Friday, January 25, 2013

Travelogue: London - Turkish Food

With the classes over, and my entire team collocated for the first time since the team was established, we decided to celebrate and go out to dinner at a Turkish restaurant. (Another ethnicity with which I was previously unfamiliar...)

We met-up in the neighborhood of the Marylebone station and had a pint before dinner, and then made our way across the road to the Ishtar restaurant. What an amazing meal! On a recommendation of my friend (and team lead) who has eaten there before, I tried the mixed grille. It was amazing! Lamb, chicken, beef all grilled to perfection and served with a salad and some veggies. We also had a selection of appetizers that rounded-out the meal well.

A quick pint and more conversation after dinner completed the evening. My colleague from Toronto and I then made our way back to the hotel. Today, there is a bit of follow-up training for us to go over and then on to the work that has been piling-up for the past few days as I was in classes. But none of that is going to get done if I don't head on in! 

Wherever you are today, I hope that you have had a very productive and enjoyable week!

Don Bergquist - 25 January 2013 - Maida Vale, London, United Kingdom

No comments: