Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Resolutions


Wahoo! I will have to do some research, but I think this may be a personal best! It is nearly noon January first and I have yet to break any of my New Year's resolutions! Yippee!
 
What, you may ask, is my secret? It's simplicity at its best! The reason I have yet to break any resolutions is that I have yet to actually MAKE any resolutions! See!? It really is the epitome of simplicity! Why did I not think of this sooner!?

Now that I have made it until nearly noon on New Year's Day, I am considering an experiment. How late can one make a New Year's Resolution? I bet if I delay it long enough, this not breaking resolutions thing could be a snap!

I think that I will possibly delay making my 2013 resolutions until 23:45 December 31. That should almost guarantee that they stand unbroken until the end of the year. Sure, they may not be as grand and successful as, say, "lose fifty pounds," or "learn a new language." But I could do something like "Stop biting my nails." Hey! If I only have to do it for the last fifteen minutes of the year, how hard could it be?

Wherever you are this morning, I hope that your New Year's Resolutions are intact!

Don Bergquist – January 01, 2013 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA




No comments: