Thursday, December 27, 2012

Holiday Travel


I cannot believe I have been in Minnesota a week already! HOW could this be possible!? Can a surfeit of cards, games, and food – taken in the presence of friends and family, really constrict time so markedly as to make an entire week disappear that quickly!?

I suppose it must be so because I have received my boarding passes in the email this morning. My flight, by now, has left Norfolk, Virginia on its way to DC, thence onto Minneapolis, where I will be boarding it to make my way home.

The weather reports have been evolving all day. Early this morning they were predicting that the snow in the cities would not hit until late tonight. The ETA of the front has been being adjusted all morning until now, it appears that my shuttle and the snow might be racing each other to the airport. But that is no bother. I have priority access, and MSP is good at getting planes through. At least –as of the last I checked, recently – they are still not predicting any weather in Colorado until late afternoon tomorrow.

Wherever you are today, I wish you safe and happy travels!

Don Bergquist – December 27, 2012 – Kensington, Minnesota, USA

No comments: