Saturday, December 22, 2012

A Lovely Day Draws On


Santa’s Elves must have come along between the time I wrote that and the time I finished getting ready to head into town. Nearly everything is back in its place. The wrappings have all been tidied into their box in the corner of the office; the table as been reclaimed by Flo’s sewing. My step-mom, last seen wrapping-up-a-storm is nowhere to be seen. I hear snores emanating from other rooms, it is as if the previous flurry of activity was all a dream.

And then the silence is shattered as Sunshine, my parent’s golden retriever, goes into fits of barking as a red SUV drives past on the road towing a fish-house. Even that looked festive; the bright red GMC pulling a silver-black trailer carrying a green fish-house through the snowy wood

Christmas truly is a magical time! But the sun is high; the snow is dripping off the roof in huge dollops and icicles. The prime of the day wears on. I guess I will leave the dozers to their dreams, the dog to her dalliance, and I will dawdle no longer – it is time to drive into town to do a few deeds.

Wherever you are today, I hope your season is as magical!

Don Bergquist – December 22 2012 – Kensington, Minnesota, USA

No comments: