Thursday, December 20, 2012

Flying Coach

I am sitting on the plane in more layers than is absolutely necessary because all I three of the morning newscasts I watched this morning as I was getting ready to leave warned of the bitterly cold temperatures and suggested dressing in layers. Oh well, perhaps I will need these layers in Minnesota!
The roads were good this morning,  I made it to the airport in only a little longer than the usually expected allotment, and so spent sometime sipping coffee in the airline club lounge. what I really need is a nap. I wish I could sleep on planes.

Unfortunately, I am in coach because the jump seat on the plane that the Flight Attendant would sit in is broken she had to sit in my assigned First Class seat and I am here in coach. At least my seat mate is not trying to talk to me the entire flight. We exchanged pleasantries at the outset, then she has read and allowed me to read my book as well. If getting bumped back to coach is the worst thing that happens to me... 

Wherever you are today, I wish you happy holidays of your choice, and if you are going somewhere: Safe Travels!

Don Bergquist - December 20, 2012 - United Airlines Flight 3534 , Somewhere over Nebraska - Seat 6D

No comments: