Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Travelogue: Australia – Travel Approved


Tee Minus Three Days And Counting.
==============================

What a busy morning I have scheduled for today.


My trip has actually been approved and I have to get hopping if I am going to make a plane on Saturday morning. My itinerary is this: Friday I am dropping Saga at the doggy resort (prison, in her way of thinking, I am sure) that I use when I travel.

On Saturday morning I am headed off to London for four days of intensive Knowledge Transfer. I will be working with the Business Analyst that went over to Canberra to do the initial business survey back in February. After that, I leave for Australia on Thursday evening, take the weekend to get onto their time zone, and then hit the ground running on Monday August the first.

Two weeks there, getting the remainder of the information we need to complete the development for the client, and then it is back to London for four days to prioritize the development. If all goes well and there is no change of plan, Saga will happily see her Daddy coming to rescue her on the 19th of August.

But none of this will come to pass if I don't get this posted and get going. As it is said in one of my favorite lines from Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory: "So much time, so little to do. No! Wait a minute… Strike that. Reverse it!"

Wherever you are today, I hope your plans are coming together nicely!

Don Bergquist – July 20, 2011 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: