Monday, July 04, 2011

JAPDIP

When I was living in Tampa there was a weather forecaster on one of the channels that used to use the word "JAPDIP" frequently in his forecast. It was an acronym that he had coined standing for "Just Another Perfect Day In Paradise."


I have never understood why anyone would call Florida "Paradise;" I will admit to missing my native state on occasion, and that I think back fondly of the time I spent growing up there. Heck, I'll even admit to not really hating all the bugs. But on a lovely day like today in Lakewood, Colorado, when the weather is nice and even though it is approaching eighty as I take my walk at 08:00, it is still not the oppressive, muggy heat that you get in Florida throughout the year.

The park is lovely and serene. Fishermen line the lakes, the paths are full of bikers and hikers, and the prairie dogs go about their business almost as if they didn't mind sharing their territory with the two-legged, and two-wheeled interlopers.

This is what I would call a perfect day in paradise! Now, I am going to post this and get out there and enjoy myself!

Wherever you are today, I hope your day is as perfect as can be!

Don Bergquist – July 04, 2011 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA


No comments: