Thursday, February 03, 2011

Travelogue: Weather

It is cold and wet (well, misty) here in Maida Vale this evening. It has been cold and wet all day. But at least it is nowhere near as cold and wet as it is back home. Someone had mentioned that it was sub-zero (Fahrenheit) back in Denver. I checked the traffic cameras near my home this evening. I could not tell what the weather was like. There was a sheen of ice covering the cameras.

Apparently in advance of the weather that came in last night there was a freezing fog that came through. The rush hour this morning must have been a mess! I would rather walk a mile through the gale-force windows to the tube than drive to the office on icy roads!

But I guess it is a moot point. The fact is that I am here contending with the winds and the mists. It is a cold and wet day here in Maida Vale. But I would rather be here than there today!

Wherever you are, I hope you're keeping well out of the cold and the wind.

Don Bergquist - 03 February 2011 - Maida Vale, London, UK

No comments: