Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Travelogue: Quiz Night

Ah! The pub Quiz Night! A staple of the British social night life! One of the local pubs (that I know of, there are more than a half-dozen of them within a mile of the hotel) had a quiz night tonight. I stopped in for dinner and to watch the fun.

I could not participate, because you needed a team of three-to-five people in order to participate. I played along on my own and did not do well. If you leave out the cultural references (there were some questions that were highly dependent upon knowing things that you would have had to grown-up in the UK to know) I didn't do too bad. Overall, my score was pretty low.

It was fun to watch, though!

Wherever you are today, I hope it has been a fun one!

Don Bergquist - 08 February 2011 - Maida Vale, London, UK

No comments: