Sunday, February 13, 2011

Travelogue: Random Occurrences

It is a lovely Day here. I did slip on the ice on the way to get my mail this morning, but that was mostly because I wasn't looking where I was putting my feet. (By the way - I am fine… not injury.)

There is one more random thought that occurred to me that I wanted to blog about though. Walking to dinner the other night, something caught my attention for the sheer randomness of it.

Earlier in the day I had talked about The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy with a colleague. So it was odd that walking home that evening, I spotted the number forty-two lying on the ground. There was nothing explaining why the block on the sidewalk should be labeled 42. There was no indication of something from which the number might have fallen. It was just there.

The oddness of the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything just lying on a sidewalk in Maida Vale struck me as noteworthy. I retrieved my camera from its sheath and shot this.

Today I am taking it easy. I've nothing to do until three when I have to go get Saga from the Doggie Hotel. This evening, we'll hang-out watching TV and chilling. It is a lovely day in Denver!

Wherever you are today, I hope that you're having a lovely weekend!

Don Bergquist - February 13, 2011 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: