Friday, February 04, 2011

Travelogue: On The Cusp Of The Weekend

It has been a long and productive week! This time last week I was convinced that there was a mountain of work ahead of me; there was no way that I was ever going to be able to plow through all this by the middle of February. I am now feeling a bit more certain that it is possible.

But those are concerns for the weekdays. My concerns now are how to spend the weekends. I have a number of options… a plethora of choices. Tomorrow, for example, I am headed out to my old stomping grounds to have lunch with some friends. We try and get together each time I am over here.

Sunday I am thinking it is time to hit a few museums. Other than that, I have no plans. Weekend planning is, as I have said before, sort-of asking the fates to laugh at you for your hubris.

But what am I doing at the computer after all those hours I have put in at my computer at the office all week? To quote a recurring theme from the BBC Television show, Ashes To Ashes:

Chris: "What do you recon? Pub?"
Gene: "Pub!"

I hope that wherever you are today you'll have a relaxing and enjoyable weekend!

Don Bergquist - 04 February 2011 - Maida Vale, London, UK

No comments: