Friday, February 11, 2011

Travelogue: Last Day-Last Night

It was a productive day at the office. I had a number of meetings getting myself ready to start a new spec that is branching me out to another of the areas of the system I am not terribly familiar with. The meetings were to get me brought up-to-speed so I can accomplish the task.

This evening I left the office earlier than I have been. It was just before five instead of somewhere between six and seven. But there was a reason. I had an appointment to meet with friends. We headed into Chinatown to have a late New Year's and have Chinese for dinner.

Claire, Julian, and I meet at Leicester Square and headed out to a restaurant we had not tried before. It was a fun time. We talked about what has been going on, where they went on holiday, and the books and movies we have had.

The evening finished-off at a pub by the entrance to the tube. They headed south back to their home in Woking. I headed north into Maida Vale. The packing is done. I have but to pack my computer and my shaving kit in the morning. The car is calling for me at nine. (Dare it; dare I say I am all ready to head home?)

Wherever you are, I hope that you have had a lovely day!

Don Bergquist - 11 February 2011 - Maida Vale, London, UK

No comments: