Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Travelogue: Long Hours

Lest you get the erroneous impression that it is all visiting pubs for Bacon and Brie Baguettes and Pints of ale, I feel I should probably point-out here that there is a lot of work that I get done while travelling.

I think it has to do with a lack of things that need to be done whilst I am at home. There are no social distractions while traveling. Sure, there are things to do… but there are no things that I have to do. I have to eat and sleep, commute to and from the office, and all that sort of thing. But there is little cooking and cleaning. I don’t have errands to run (or at least not the ones that take all the time back home) and I don't have a set social schedule to keep.

I can buckle-down and concentrate on the task at hand. And concentrate I have been. I have been spending ten-to-eleven hours at the office on average. I am tired at the end of the day, but I am making good progress! I guess I have earned the occasional indulgence.

Oh, and just in case you were wondering, yes. I am writing this on my laptop at a pub. And, to be brutally honest, yes. A pint or two have exchanged hands during the writing of this entry. A fitting reward for a job well done.

Wherever you are today, I hope you're enjoying the fruits of your labor!

Don Bergquist - 02 February 2011 - Maida Vale, London, UK

No comments: