Monday, August 22, 2005

My Time of the Day

My time of day is the dark time,
A couple of deals before dawn,
When the street belongs to the cop,
And the janitor with the mop,
And the grocery-clerks are all gone.
When the smell of the rain-washed pavement,
Comes up clean and fresh and cold.
And the street lamp light,
Fills the gutter with gold,
That's my time of day-
My time of day

Okay, it is from the musical "Guys and Dolls" but it is still appropriate. I love the early morning. This morning, as I was walking Saga in the park across the street, the sun was just about to crest the horizon, there was a thin layer of valley fog blanketing the park. The temperatures were mild, but not really cold; you can tell that fall is on its way!

I love this time of the year! The sun comes up enough to enjoy having breakfast in the garden and it is cool enough to enjoy lingering over my coffee but it is not yet cold enough to make the coffee cool too quickly.

Saga is doing well. She keeps me neat and tidy. Especially in the area directly under the dining table. She makes sure that nothing has been dropped that is even remotely edible.

I am doing well. My knee is on the mend. I am back to all normal activities with the only lingering after-effect of my torn ACL being that if I sit too long my knee is stiff and needs to be stretched and babied for the first few steps. I try and get-up and walk around regularly while I am at the office.

I guess that is it for now. I hope that your morning is pleasant and the rest of your day is too!

Don Bergquist - 22-August-2005 - Lakewood, Colorado

No comments: