Monday, August 15, 2005

Happy Birthday, Denis!

This morning's greetings are going out to by big brother, Denis!

Happy Birthday, Denis!

Whether or not you know it brother, I have always looked-up to you. You may have been a bit of a pain when we were kids, always knowing everything, always being the one in the right place at the right time and all, it was daunting living in your shadow. The only thing that made it a bit easier to take was that we were both living in Mary's shadow and that made things a bit easier to take!

This old picture of you on the wing of Uncle Speed's plane is one that always brings a smile to my face... it shows that even then you were bound to flight high. (...or had you already been up at the time this picture was taken?)

I guess the only thing I had over you when we were growing up is that I never got carsick. I always loved vacations and could ride in the back to the station wagon for days without complaint. Of course, I didn't read nearly as much as you did back then so who know? Maybe that made the difference!

Well, here's to you, Denis!

Happy Birthday!

Don Bergquist - 15-August-2005 - Lakewood, Colorado

No comments: