Monday, March 28, 2005

Home Again! Home Again! Jiggety-Jig!

I believe I have mentioned that I love to go to the United Kingdom. I do not want any of the wonderful people that I have met there to, for a moment, believe that I am less than thrilled to see them when I am there or that the time I get to spend over there is not wonderful. But the truth is that I love getting home and spending time here.

My old friends, my home, my car, and my dog are all here. As much as I love going across the Atlantic to the home of the Full English Breakfast, it is nice to wake up, brew coffee, check my email, and take the dog for an early morning walk in the park. I mean really nice! There is nothing like the reaction I get from Saga when I come through the door after a trip.

That is not to say that I want all my friends from the pub to act like Saga; jump up, wag their tales, whimper with utter joy, and cover me in kisses when I walk through the door. (Well, okay, a couple of you maybe… but you'll have to guess who you are!)

I arrived late last night. It was a lovely night. There were a sky full of stars, and it was a warm and placid night. The clemency of the weather almost made-up for the fact that my plane was late and that my luggage was delayed. I got back home and schlepped the luggage in; threw a pair of jeans and a shirt in the laundry for today and collapsed. It was then that Saga decided to let me know that she had to go out. We took a long, starlit march through the park. She wanted to go play with the coyotes. I think not!

Oh well, It is time for me to get to work.

I hope you have a wonderful day wherever you are!

Don Bergquist – 28-March-2005 – Lakewood, Colorado

No comments: