Thursday, March 24, 2005

Curry Dinner

There are three things I have learned this trip.

1) It is obligatory to have at least one curry dinner whilst in England.
2) All curry is not created equal.
3) The pictures taken in low light by my PDA leave something to be desired.

On the last issue, the food looks much more appetizing than it appears in the pictures at the link above. Also, I do not appear that pasty usually. Oh, and you can tell how off the pictures are… the shirt I am wearing in this picture and the picture that is currently in my profile (to the right).


Dinner at The Rose

That being said, last night I had my obligatory curry dinner at The Rose here in Thames Ditton. I am told that curry is now the number one ethnic food in the UK. It is rapidly replacing meat pies (such as steak and kidney pie) as the national dish.

The conversation was good, we talked very little business and had a good time. The curry itself, sad to say, was uninspiring. It was all good, but the dish spiced with chili was not very spicy, the one that was in the cream sauce was a bit too sweet, and the one that was based on lamb was a bit greasy. Good thing the conversation was sparkling… it saved the meal.

Tomorrow is a bank holiday here. I will be going to the palace for a tour this weekend and then packing for my return trip and watching Dr. Who on Saturday. I will post my entries upon return to the states next week. Have a great weekend!

I hope you have a wonderful day wherever you are!

Don Bergquist – 24-March-2005 – Thames Ditton, United Kingdom

No comments: