Sunday, March 27, 2005

Happy Easter!

There are advantages to showing-up at the airport really early! I arrived at the counter about three hours before my flight this morning and was told that because the flight was overbooked, they had only center seats for me on the flight. The woman behind the counted took one look at me and said that she could probably do better and handed me a boarding pass but told me to check at the counter when I got there.

I got there and there was another boarding pass waiting. They bumped me up to executive class plus. It is not quite business class, but it is quite nice here!

I have my own video screen with games on it… not that I am planning on taking advantage of that. I have three books with me for the flight. I have a wider seat… they are six across in this area instead of nine across in coach. But the best part is that I have a good three inches more leg room than I would have back behind the blue curtain! I walked back there (doing a circuit walk of the plane to stretch my legs) a while back and it is exactly as I remember it from my trip to the UK.

Well, I finished one of the books I brought with me and am sure I will finish the second somewhere along the southern coast of Greenland. I think I may watch one of the movie offerings when they start again. Ninety minutes down, seven hours to go!

I hope you have a wonderful day wherever you are!

Don Bergquist – 27-March-2005 – Somewhere over the Atlantic

No comments: