Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Sunset Over the Thames

Last night as I was entering the palace grounds on my way home to the hotel, I chanced to look behind me (up the Thames) and noticed that the sun had come from behind the clouds. It was a nice sunset. Unfortunately, all I had with me was my PDA which takes fair but not really good pictures.

Sunset Over the Thames

It puts me in mind of the fact that tomorrow is the last day I will be here testing on the current project. We have had great luck on the testing and the project is due to be finished on-time. Since Friday is a holiday here I will not be able to post an entry after tomorrow’s until I return home. I will, however, write them and load them up as soon as I can. So keep checking back.

It will be a good weekend here. There is a bank holiday on both Friday and Monday so we will be having a long weekend. There is a fun faire being held at the palace grounds (ell, actually in a park across the street from the palace but…) in Hampton Court, and I am going to be visiting the palace again on Friday or Saturday.

Saturday night I have been invited over to the home of one of my friends from the pub to watch the first episode of the new Dr. Who series that is starting on BBC 1, and when I return to my hotel afterward it is to pack and prepare to head to the airport.

It has been a productive trip but I am looking forward to getting home. I wonder if Saga has missed me…

I hope you have a wonderful day wherever you are!

Don Bergquist – 23-March-2005 – Thames Ditton, United Kingdom

No comments: