Monday, March 21, 2005

Staying Up Late

This weekend, my friend the publican and his wife had their going away party. I think that it is partly because I am in the wrong time zone and party because I was up discussing politics, but for some reason I was up ‘til well after 01:00 each evening this weekend. Even last night I was up late… this is so unlike me. Luckily, I slept like the dead when I did get to bed so I was able to recover and keep going.

I do remember when I could stay up ‘til all hours every night. In the early days of my career, I remember being in the television studio until the wee-small hours. But then, I guess I got to go home and sleep all day when I did that!

I did a lot of walking this weekend. Looking for a book to read on the plane, and looking around London. It was fun but tiring. My trip here is now half over and I am beginning to realize that to do all the things I want to do I will have to burn the candle at both ends.

By the way, for those of you who are Dr. Who fans, There is a new series of Dr. Who starting this Saturday. You know I’ll be watching BBC this Saturday night!

I hope you have a wonderful day wherever you are!

Don Bergquist – 21-March-2005 – Thames Ditton, United Kingdom

No comments: