Monday, January 31, 2011

Travelogue: Curry And Ale

And now to the purpose of my travels: Work!

I was handed a slough of specifications to complete in a ridiculously short time span. That, alone, was not the problem. The problem was that of not knowing what the form of the specs might need to be. This was an assignment unlike what I had before had to write.

It was decided that collaborations in real-time face-to-face was the way to go. So here I am. My first day has been long, and difficult, but I do believe this has paid off. I am already pretty certain of the form my documents need to take. I've started formatting the documents and planning the layout.

I looked up from my computer to realize that my boss was standing over me; it was half-six. "Fancy a pint before you head home?" he asked.

It was nice! We sat at the pub across from the office with a pint and chatted about nothing important really. We talked about our backgrounds and our families. After a pint-or-two, he headed his way and I headed back to the hotel.

A stop at the local takeaway and I am not sitting at the PC enjoying a lovely Sag Aloo and Pilau Rice while finishing my notes on what I need to do tomorrow. I have a full day planned: writing, meetings, and generally getting things done.

But that won't start until it starts… and the earlier I wrap this up and get to be, the earlier I can start tomorrow. So, I guess, I will close for now, get this saved, set my wake-up call, and head off to dreamland.

Wherever you are, whatever you have been up to today, I hope you've had a productive day!

Don Bergquist - 31 January 2011 - Maida Vale, London, UK

No comments: