I have received feedback (both as comments and as direct email) from a few people who have said they really like my new look. (There was also an anonymous email saying that I should bring back the old look.) So I guess it stays. (With apologies to the anonymous person who didn't care for the new look. I hope you will continue to read my blog despite your opinions of my new layout.)
Whew! I really didn't want to have done all that work for nothing.
I did receive a question about the new banner. Well, a few, actually.
- Yes. I took all the pictures used in the banner.
- No. This is not one big scene, it was meant to show four seasons of the world. As seen via pictures I have taken over the year.
- I created the collage with Photoshop; it is comprised of eleven photo layers (plus a couple for special editing effects) that were spliced together to acheive this affect.
- The pictures in this collage are as follows:
- Background Layers ~ Left-to-Right
- Snow-Covered Trees in Bear Creek Park (across the street from my home - Lakewood, Colorado, USA) ~ Sunday, April 10, 2005
- Springtime Flooding on Bear Creek (Lakewood, Colorado, USA) ~ Sunday, April 25, 2010
- Aspen Trees on Guanella Pass Road (Clear Creek County, Colorado) ~ Saturday, September 24, 2005
- Middle Layers ~ Left-to-Right
- The Colorado State Capital Building (Denver, Colorado, USA) ~ Saturday, February 02, 2008
- A Mountain Daisy in Ute Pass (On the road to the summit of Pikes Peak - Teller County, Colorado, USA) ~ Friday, July 30, 2010
- A sailboat on the Bay front of Cape Town (South Africa) ~ Friday, November 02, 2007
- Carnival Ride at a Fun Fair on Hampton Green (outside Hampton Court, Surrey, England, UK) ~ Tuesday, April 07, 2009
- The London Eye and Big Ben seen from the Waterloo Bridge (London, England, UK) ~ Wednesday, July 12, 2006
- Foreground Layers ~ Left-to-Right
- A Water Buffalo in Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Game Reserve (Zululand, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa) ~ Wednesday, November 07, 2007
- Stonehenge on the Salisbury Plain (Wiltshire, England, UK) ~ Wednesday, August 22, 2007
- A Pensive Baboon in Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Game Reserve (Zululand, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa) ~ Thursday, November 08, 2007
I hope that you enjoy looking at my pictures half as much as I enjoy taking them.
Wherever you are today, I hope that you are doing something you love!
Don Bergquist - January 04, 2011 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA