Sunday, January 09, 2011

SNOW!!

It started snowing late last night. This morning, when I took the dog out there were already a couple inches on the ground. It is lovely.
But you know that this means people will be idiots on the road! I went out early (about five) this morning to do my weekly shopping. The roads were slick and the store was empty - ah! But the drive along the park to the store was lovely!


In the short time I was in the market, the snow had built a nice 1/2" coating all over my car. So I brushed-off and went home. The car has been in the garage the rest of the day. I did, however, take advantage of the slight break in the snow to get a walk in the park in. (Well, to be honest, the snow never actually stopped falling, it just slackened off a bit.)

By the time I was starting to get cold and was ready to head home anyway, the snow picked-up with a vengeance. I was covered in a thick layer of snow and my hoodie was soaked with the melted snow when I got back home.

I'm going to spend the rest of the day, I think, working on getting ready to do my taxes. Or perhaps not…

Whatever I do, I can assure you, will be aided by large quantities of coffee, hot chocolate, or mulled cider!

Wherever you are today, I wish you warmth, coziness, and happiness!

Don Bergquist - January 09, 2011 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: