Friday, January 28, 2011

Travelogue: "Cuba! It's Cuba You Moron!"

"What an idiot! I told him it was Cuba!"

He went on in this vein for a while. At first I thought that I was somehow hearing one side of an argument and that the other person was somehow communicating so quietly so as to not to disturb the entire plane.

The seat belt sign went off; I closed my book, stood-up to grab my computer case from the overhead bin (being careful as the items in the bin may have shifted during the flight) and stretched my back. The voice of the guy came again. "You should have listened to me. Now you have to walk!"

I turned to see the guy in the row behind where I had been sitting wearing his headphones and staring intently at the monitors. He really gets caught-up in Cash Cab. Ah well. Too bad the player hadn’t taken his advice. I didn't have time to see if the next person had the good sense to take his advice. I had a plane to catch!

I made my way off the plane, grabbed a bottle of water at one of the venders along the concourse and am now sitting at the departure gate for London.

Just over an hour to my flight. I suppose they will be boarding the plane soon. So I had best get this laptop stowed back into my bag again.

Wherever you are, I hope that you're having an excellent day!

Don Bergquist - January 28, 2011 - O'Hare International Airport - Chicago, Illinois, USA

No comments: