Monday, August 09, 2010

A Lovely Morning

My walk into the office this morning was a lovely one. The skies were clear and sunny. The air was warm and a bit on the humid side, but still, all in all, it is a lovely morning.

On the way in, I noticed this sign in the window of a hair salon. I have no idea what the word "Re0uired" means. It is likely, however, that it is something eastern. The neighborhood seems to be unusually high in its population of eastern peoples. There are a profusion of Polish delis, Polish Markets, and Polish Restaurants. They are crowded in, jostling for space on the sidewalk along with the fish-and-chips shops, newsagents, and Indian restaurants.

The office, the tallest building that I can see this side of Central London, is pretty nice and has wonderful views of the area. Looking back toward my hotel, there is a spectacular view of Wembley arena. I met the people I will be training with today, met many of the staff members, and got myself set-up to work. Everyone has been nice and the first day of my trip was productive. Tomorrow, the training starts in earnest, so I should really do a bit of reading before bedtime.

Wherever you are today, I hope that your day has been a productive one!

Don Bergquist - 09 August 2010 - Wembley, Middlesex, UK

No comments: