Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Aftermath

The worst of the storm is passed. The remains are some light flurries this morning, some drizzles across the plains, and freezing temperatures.

I think that I made the correct decision to not head to Minnesota during this. The one traffic fatality of the storm was a crash on I-76 (which I would have been taking) caused either by the road conditions, the strong blowing snow causing white-out, or a combination thereof. It is not clear from the stories.

This morning it was still spitting snow when I left for work. There is a heavy overcast that is supposed to dissipate as the day goes along. I may look at the conditions later and take a long weekend. I haven't decided.

The positive aftermath is that just under the cloud deck you can see that the mountains are cloaked in a new, fresh, white blanket. The ski resorts here are all very optimistic for an early opening.

I hope that your day is beautiful!

Don Bergquist - 11-October-2005 - Denver, Colorado

No comments: