Monday, July 25, 2005

Monday Night in England

Okay what is wrong with this picture: It is 19:00 GMT Summer Time and I have just gotten off my last conference call (to the United States!). My first call started at 13:30 local time.

I am in the UK this trip to do some testing on the software being written out here and to document same. While on this trip I am also meeting with my counterpart out here to make some decisions that are to be made about the next part of the development and to keep developing the concepts that we are trying to realize. It’s a big job!

I knew that this morning would be hectic. I got in around 07:00 and spent the morning working on administrative tasks; updating mailing lists, reading email, updating access to our team files and the like. I also did some writing of some documents we needed. We then strolled down to the deli in the high street to have lunch and headed back here to take our afternoon conference calls. It is now after seven pm and it is time for me to head home. I think I will bring my book to the pub, have a beer and some dinner and make it an early night.

Oh, for those of you who are wondering, I walked into work today and my knee is feeling fine. It gets a bit stiff because I spend so much time here sitting at the desk writing and testing and doing very little walking around. I have to remember to get up more regularly tomorrow!

I hope that your day is going well wherever you are!

Don Bergquist – 25-July-2005 – Thames Ditton, United Kingdom

No comments: