Saturday, December 12, 2009

Tales From The Road

As is her practice, Saga winged in the backseat in her kennel until it became clear that we were not headed to the kennel, the groomer, the vet, or any other horrible place that Daddy so often takes her.

The roads were great. I did decide to change my route around North Platte, Nebraska. I noticed a number of the trucks I saw at the gas station which had come in from the north looked suspiciously snow-covered. It was then that I decided to stay on the interstate.

The only real areas of concern today were a bit of icing in the bridges in northern Iowa, and a bit of fog while making my way north through South Dakota. Other than that, we made good time.

It is not a record breaker or anything. At fifteen hours door-to-door, and an average moving speed of around 77MPH, it was still a respectable try. We're here. It is freezing, the car is unpacked, and I am going straight to bed once Saga and I have gone out to inspect Dad's property.

On a night like tonight, the poem Stopping By A Woods On A Snowy Evening by Robert Frost comes to mind.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep…
Luckily, there is nothing left to do before I sleep!

I hope wherever you are this evening, you've had a good day!

Don Bergquist – December 12, 2009 – Kensington, Minnesota, USA

No comments: