Sunday, December 13, 2009

Burrrrr Is Right!

According to the thermometer outside the back window, it is fifteen below zero this morning! Burrrrr! For those of you who wonder how people can live up here in the "frozen north" with the temperatures so often below zero… Remember, it is not normal to be outside, well, not often or for long periods of time.

For instance, I am off to St. Cloud this morning to see my dad and see how he is doing. So at least I will be going from the warmth of the house to the warmth of a car, to the warmth of a hospital. In the cities, it is even better… there is no reason to ever leave the building if you live in downtown Minneapolis. Practically every thing in Minnesota is close to the network of skywalks that attach the buildings.

But here I am in the sticks. I need to head to the hospital. That actually involves my leaving the house and getting in the car.

Wherever you are today, I hope that you're having a good day.

Don Bergquist – December 13, 2009 – Kensington, Minnesota, USA

No comments: